Thursday, December 19, 2013

December as a first time Mom

This December will have to be a different Christmas ever, I am now a mom. 

The malls are decked up and streets are lighten up and Christmas music are on in most stores. My first encounter of Christmas decor was in IMM mall in Jurong East. I had to take a photo with baby Zara in the red chair! We were there to check out Daiso for kitchen items. I was able to browse the outlet shops and enjoyed the variety of goodies.

I am more inclined to baby shops these days, and my personal shopping list is now secondary. Let me share whats in town.. 

The newest mall in the west side known as JEM mall was decorated by the first week of December and a tall Christmas tree outside the mall was built by the second week. Kids love to ran around the area in front of the mall near the Christmas tree. I get excited for some reason looking at baby dresses at H&M and Cotton on and other baby brands and ending up buying even the ones that are still big for baby Zara.   




A new mall opened just beside JEM mall and the name is Westgate mall. The lighted up reindeer Christmas decor was super cute in the middle of the open area where flowing fountain water is and some trees too. It is relaxing and the band is quite entertaining as it gathers audience every time.  There you can also see three panda bear statues. 
Mama bear and Baby bear
*Photo Credit to Mona Fe Sarmiento

Going to Jurong East is now a more suitable option as you can get to actually see three malls in one area which are not so far from each other and showcasing different items to offer the shoppers. Soon I will share about J-walk the path connecting three malls.. 

From home to train to mall to some refreshing scene of fashion, gourmet, and lifestyle, for a mom like me who has a stroller and a baby in tow, shopping has never been this easy. 

I did a bit of exploring the decors in the famous street Orchard Road with a friend and her baby girl and we enjoyed taking pictures with her new camera and taking time enjoying the bright Christmas lights. I found out that there is actually a competition for the establishments to decorate and show their Christmas design, read more Christmas Light Up Ceremony








Taking baby Zara to see the Christmas decor delights me when she smiles.

Photos taken by me using my new Sony Cyber-Shot DSC-RX100. 

Hope to get in touch with you, my twitter @mommymodeon

No comments:

Labels